Paying for itself

|

So here it is. Ableton Live 7. It's in the mail and it wasn't cheap but I did get a bit of a deal on it. After watching people use this program I am convinced it will pay for itself. Not only will it allow me to use it to DJ but I will also be able to produce my own tracks. I was thinking about getting a midi controller or keyboard but I'm not sure which would be more effective at this point. I also didn't want to spend any more money and my keyboard will allow me to do certain things anyway. I'm a bit baffled at how I'm going to set it up with the other hardware (aka speakers, audio interface, mixer) but I'm confident this will allow me to take my mixes to the next level.
I'm also adding a video clip of one of my favorite DJs using Ableton. Watch and enjoy. Sasha and Digweed built the foundation of my love of electronic music and I'm always happy to share that with you.




That thing with all the knobs is called "The Maven" and Sasha essentially invented it to use in his mixes. The idea of a controller is not unique but this is one he developed and engineered specifically for his needs. Pretty cool!

1 comments:

Jerbones said...

Crazy Haired Dave From Alaska!!

Your hair is not so crazy...and you dont live in Alaska?!?!

My world has been turned upside down...I find it admirable that you purchased software...in a day where people steal everything and the market being as turbulent as the government wants us to think it is...you pay the sticker price...Kudos Kind sir...Ku freaking...doz!!!


Much <3 Jerbones

Post a Comment