Sweet Suite

|
I finally broke down and lobbed a large chunk of money at Ableton for the Suite upgrade. Essentially it gives me a bunch of instruments to produce electronic music. I have just started reading through the manual which is 480 pages long. Quite an undertaking for learning new software but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'm using an introductory guide by a gent named Tom Cosm. He uses Ableton and it's native instruments to produce his tracks and mixes.

The lessons are each an hour long and there are 10 of them. By no means do I think I'll be a pro once I'm finished with the lessons but I do feel like I'll be more comfortable using Ableton and the instruments. I watched the first one tonight and learned a few things about synthesis and creating an interesting bass line by layering the same bass track over itself but making a simple change to the second bass track's oscillator .

I've got some technical jargon tossed in there that, admittedly I haven't read much of myself but hopefully the links will be informative and give you (and me) a baisc idea of what the terms mean.

Well, back to reading! I can't wait to start my second lesson tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment